On Fri, 6 Nov 1998 17:06:42 -0800, Keenan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Someone on this list used a metaphor once on how they worked on their
>conlang like it was a house and, when they were finished, they looked up
>from their work and saw that while they were busy someone had built a
>mansion next door. hmmmmmmm I kinda know that feeling. ;)
>
>Xto,
>-Duke Keenan

Interesting analogy; I suppose that on that scale, most of my languages
would be tents; adequate for the purpose, but barely. Until recently, =
only
Olaetyan would have qualified as a "house". It's only in the last few =
years
that I've concentrated on longer projects, resulting in better and more
interesting languages, but fewer of them.