Josh wrote :

> > It sure has happened.  The Tutsis and Hutus of Ruanda speak the same language
> > now, but spoke completely distinct languages (belonging to separate language
> > families) when they came together a few hundred years ago.  So it is possible
> > for languages to meld even when the speakers retain separate tribal identities
> > and separate           .
>
> Thank you--that makes me feel much better :-)

And Japanese may well have mixed Korean and Malayo-Polynesian (and Turco-Mongol and Ainu, and stuff) but you should be ashamed of thinking so, why did YOU hint that, Josh ? Why the hell ? Repent now !!!

Mathias
Zupermanhoff

-----
See the original message at http://www.egroups.com/list/conlang/?start=18293