Matt Pearson wrote:

> >That was also one of the design goals of Jarrda, and one that had at least
> >moderate success. Jarrda doesn't distinguish "square" from "rectangular",

> Tokana is another language which doesn't distinguish squares from
> rectangles.  Both are "kineian", or "quadrilaterals".  Trapezoids are also
> "kineian".  The conventional term for square is "kineian patinkasu", or
> "balance-sided quadrilateral".

So too Ge'arthnuns.

touvels - triangle      tou - three
sebutvels - square      sebut - four
palavels - pentagon     palav - five
rhalvels - hectagon     rhal - six
        .
        .
        .
aiths - circle

Unmodified, these words refer to equilateral and, presumably,
equiangular shapes (more on this in a moment). If they're stretched, in
a shameless rip-off from Chinese (at least as far as rectangles are
concerned), you simply say they're "long".

touvels re'asto"l - right isosceles triangle? (we're really pushing my
very rusty high school geometry here)
sebutvels re'asto"l - rectangle
palavels re'asto"l - pentagon with two elongated sides
        .
        .
        .
aiths re'asto"th - oval

Simple question that this thread has raised for me: Some quick math
shows that 7 and 11 into 360 produce repeating decimals. Does this mean
there's no such thing as an equilateral heptagon or (whatever the word
for an eleven-sided object is - undecagon?)? Or if there are, how does
that work? Seven equal angles of    ______
                                 51.428571 degrees?

Heading back to the tenth grade
I am,