Douglas Koller wrote:
> Simple question that this thread has raised for me: Some quick math
> shows that 7 and 11 into 360 produce repeating decimals. Does this mean
> there's no such thing as an equilateral heptagon or (whatever the word
> for an eleven-sided object is - undecagon?)? Or if there are, how does
> that work? Seven equal angles of    ______
>                                  51.428571 degrees?

There's no problem with repeating decimals, that's only because we
happen to use 360 degrees.  If we divided a circle into, say, 77
degrees, then there'd be no problem.

--
"It has occured to me more than once that holy boredom is good and
sufficient reason for the invention of free will." - "Lord Leto II"