At 12:24 PM 11/14/98 +0100, Joshua Shinavier wrote:
>> Geocities gives you 11 megs, is extremely easy to use and especially
>> to upload to.  Down points are all the annoying popup screens although
>> there are ways to get rid of them.
>
>How?  If you disable your browser's Java you don't get the popup windows,
>but is there a way to get rid of them for Java-enabled browsers?  Tripod
>puts the Java code on each page, so you can alter it so that the popup
>won't work -- I think the server just refreshes the code every now and then
>anyways, though, so it wouldn't do any good.

The Webpage author has to disable the pop-ups by placing the alternative
banner ad on the page (it's called a geoguide - if your page has a geoguide,
then it doesn't launch the popup window when it loads).  There's nothing you
can do from the client side to disable just the popups.

-- Terry

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/2711