James Chander wrotee

>> All very well, but now look at f.e. the Ido equivalent:
>>
>> strukturo plu libera kam quo?
>>
>> And kam is used in all such situations of comparison where in English
>> we use variously "(bigger) than, (the same) as, (different) to".

I overlooked the last sentence, and it's a good point. Interlingua uses:

plus grande que X

tanto grande como X

minus grande que X

To tell the truth, I'm not sure what the official translations of "the same
as"
and "different from" (as we say in North America). I suspect they are "le
mesmo
como" and "differente a", but, personally, I would be quite happy to say "le
mesmo que" and "differente que".

I'd be perfectly happy to hear people saying "tanto grande que" or even
"eque grande que", although le latter is a bit reformistic ("equalmente
grande que"
is more conventional, but awkward).

There's also a case for using "quam" in all the above.

Chris Burd