On Mon, 23 Nov 1998, charles wrote (small piece):

>                          None of the IALs is both
> easy to speak

    This is a mighty broad generalization about all IALs indifferently.
What Esperanto I have heard spoken by those fluent in it is just that
-- fluent, as well as fluid.  Whether this sort of speaking fluidity is
easily to -all- adult learners is another matter, but certainly some
find Esperanto easy to speak.  Fair is fair.

>               and easy to parse by computers.

    There are those who give little or no thought to computer
parsibility.  Why should we pay attention to it?  People have been
speaking not-particularly-computer-parsible languages for lo, these
long millenia.  To many IALists, it simply is not a big deal.

--
Paul                                  <[log in to unmask]>
Paul O. Bartlett, P.O. Box 857, Vienna, VA 22183-0857, USA