Having compared in detail the three paragraphs from each version of the
UDHR posted by Jay, I would have to conclude that the two versions are not
similar enough to justify the claim that Bob Petry simply copied the Ia
text.  There are important differences in vocabulary and construction of
some sentences which lead me to think that the Occ version was most likely
arrived at independently, and probably not by Bob himself (since such a
translation would be a very laborious task for someone who, as Bob admits
of himself, is still a beginner in Occ).

Perhaps if Bob is listening in he could give us an assurance that in fact
the Occ version is an independent translation, and if it is taken from Cos,
give us the exact details of which issue it appeared in and who did the
translation (actually, I would be very interested in who did it: I suppose
it was most likely R. Berger).

Obviously it would be wrong for Bob to simply copy the Ia version, only
changing the necessary vocabulary and relying on the similarity between
the two languages.  But as far as I can see he does not appear to have done
so.

James Chandler.