Kristian Jensen wrote:

> I have always wanted to see Angkor Wat, but fear that the situation
> in Kampuchea is a wee bit rocky - at least that's what I hear in the
> news. Of course, one thing is what you hear in the news and another
> is what's actually happening. I know that from my childhood
> experiences in the Philippines. At the time, my Danish relatives in
> Denmark always heard the worst and expected that my family was in
> the middle of some violent revolution. So I suppose it can't be that
> bad if you're really going back there this January.

I live in the middle of a country with a civil war going on, and where pe=
ople
has no respect for International Humanitary Right.  An underdeveloped cou=
ntry
with people starving and ...

And I live like those were simple news.  I don't know how bad news from C=
olombia
are but life is going on, and people has time to joy and live, so thinks =
are not
that bad... at least we don't feel them that bad.

> It seems I'm not the only one in CONLANG-L with relatives in good'ol
> Southeast Asia. 8-) I miss those breakfasts with green mangoe juice,
> guavas, guyabanos, papaya with lime, and a whole bunch of other
> tropical fruits you can't get here in Europe. <sigh>

I missed them too when I was living in Europe... not because you couldn't=
 get
it, jus because they where more expensive than apples and potatoes and th=
erefor
you coudn't eat them everyday.

--
                                      o_o
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3Dw=3D=3D=3Dw=3D=3D=3D=3D#######