Christophe Grandsire wrote:
>         Everything's disputed in linguistics (not only in linguistics, the number
> of scientists that don't agree with the "canon" is impressive). But what do
> you call "noun-like" and "verb-like" class? Is this a semantic distinction,
> a distinction of everyday use or something else? I'd like to know more
> about it.

I suspect that at least some of this debate boils down to how you define
the terms "verb", "noun", and "adjective", I think that there are quite
a few debates in linguistics (and other fields) that are similar.

--
"We're not obsessed, we're focused!" - X-Philes' motto
http://members.tripod.com/~Nik_Taylor/X-Files