Nik Taylor wrote:
> So,
> maybe it is entirely a volitional thing after all - it's just that the
> verb "take" over-rides the verb "drink" in the case of medicine.

No, I take that back.  If a child or a pet were to ingest antifreeze, I
wouldn't use "drink", I'd use "swallow", even tho it's an entirely
volitional act - so the substance *does* matter.  It has to be a
substance that is expected to be potable, or something like that.  Ack!
And I thought it was so simple.  :-)

--
"Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good many
ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia." --