Gregory Gadow wrote:

> I know that Thai is written with no punctuation at all... indeed, with
> no spaces at all between words. Most Asian scripts (from what I've
> seen) make no use of punctuation, except in modern newspapers and
> books where they use punctuation adopted from Western scripts for
> added clarity.

Hangkerim language use almost no punctuation in their written form.  They=
 use a
little dot between propper nouns and the rest of a clausule and a higher =
space
between clausules (phrases?)

> Behalf Of James Campbell wrote
> (snip)
>
> <closely related> I sometimes wonder whether any human cultures use a
> different semantic structure (i.e. different from the usual Western
> comma/period/clause/sentence conventions), as I'm trying to make my
> conlang
> Rahha bend away from that a bit, but I can't stop thinking that way.
> Thoughts?

  I decide to call clausules the organizational items.  Clausules are for=
m by
morphemes, some of them are independent morphemes but almost never used
isolated.  A clausule is something like a phrase which either present a c=
ontext
or gives information.  Some morphemes into a clausule could be a referenc=
e to a
morphem in a previous clausule.
  When Hangkerimians dialogue, referencial morphems usually refers to the=

respective part of the interlocutor's clausule.
  Usually books and papers have no titles, chapters, paragraphs or relate=
divisions, they are monolitic texts but a good author will write in a way=
 that
any body could begin reading at the top of any page and would understand =
without
having read the previous sentences.
  Newspapers, or any other means of publication with many different artic=
les
would enclose every individual article in a frame.

--
                                      o_o
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3Dw=3D=3D=3Dw=3D=3D=3D=3D#######