On: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 17:49:49 -0600
Eric Christopherson wrote:
=---------=---------=---------=---------=
> I was just wondering the other day, "are there any languages without
> either /o/ or /u/, or without either /e/ or /i/?"

        There's Tupi (a Brazilian indian language), which I'm begining
to study now. It doesn't have /o/ nor /e/, but has /O/ and /E/.
(According to the book I'm reading.)

(\                                         \
  \  Gustavo Eulalio M. Cabral              \
    \  http://i.am/g.eu/                      \
      \  "Kial la kamikazoj surhavis kaskojn?"  \
/"\
\ /  CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
 X   ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
/ \