Thomas R. Wier wrote:

> Eric Christopherson wrote:
>
> > I saw a Latin phrase once, something like "mutatus, mutandus" (not
> > sure if that's exactly it). Does anyone know this phrase and what it
> > means?

[unacceptable political references deleleted :) ]

As I translator, I only use the expression in legal or semi-legal
texts.  For example, one section of a contract might establish a five
year period for performing some duty. Then the next section might say
that the time periods are the same as in section 1, mutatis mutandis -
in other words, five years from the relevant date for the new subject
you're talking about in section 2, or for that particularl obligation.

        Shaul