In message <[log in to unmask]>, vardi <[log in to unmask]>
writes

>Could it be that the American participants (and others) are glued to the
>televison watching the bizarre events from Washington DC?

I suppose it's just about possible...

>Perhaps we could each offer our conlang versions of the following:
>
>1.  I didn't inhale.
>2.  My own infidelity is quite a different matter.
>3.  Cigars are for putting in your mouth.

Oh dear.  I haven't got a word for inhale.  How about:

   In do  va   asufa la         orlew
   I  not PAST smoke PERFECTIVE in-to-ADVERBIAL
   "I didn't smoke right down inside"

   Inye penna do-combilsu      eti docwa          frenu     telva
   My   own   un-faithful-ness is  zero-ADVERBIAL same-kind matter

(Though this is an odd use of "combil", perhaps "ascwaye do-lafrocsu"
(lustful inconstancy) would be better)

   Tsiga yorda,       pe-topa     yascorlew
   Cigar EMBED-is-for PASSIVE-put mouth-in-to-ADVERBIAL
   "Cigar is for this: being put into the mouth"

To which I would add:

   Anot yenald chon parl do-orpavwa
   The whole of humanity stares in disbelief

--
John Fisher   [log in to unmask]   [log in to unmask]
Elet Anta website: http://www.drummond.demon.co.uk/anta/