>On Tue, 12 Jan 1999 09:41:03 -0400, "David G. Durand" <[log in to unmask]>
>Would it be possible to allow posting with the From: line set to an alias
>(e.g. "From: [log in to unmask] (Herman Miller)") so that the real email
>address doesn't show up on the web page?

The problem with this is that the members-only filter of conlang will
bounce such mail if it is sent. I _know_ that the list will get spam if we
turn off that feature. As I said I get as much spam from open lists
nowadays as I do from direct mail.

Use of an email anonymizer is one way, but that strips a lot of
information, and  requires a fair amount of subscriber effort (I don't have
time to figure this out).

I must say that based on the current of reaction, it looks like we might as
well go for it, and see if problems develop.

   -- David
David Durand              [log in to unmask]  \  [log in to unmask]