At 07:49 26/01/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Here's my theory: Languages are becoming more corrupted through time. Look
>at the languages of today - they have all sorts of idiosyncracies,
>irregularities, idioms, and stuff like that. Look at the ancient languages
>like Latin or Greek - they may have a bunch of cases and stuff, but at
>least they're regular, AFAIK.

        I won't go in a flame war, it doesn't deserve it. The funniest thing in
that is that Platon thought the same thing. So the language you find
regular and uncorrupted was considered as irregular and very corrupted by
the people who used it. Funny, isn't it?

>--
>-Time is what keeps everything from happening at once.
>
>-Garrett Jones aka Alkaline
>Rising Sun - C&C2: Tiberian Sun - http://www.cnc2.com/
>Malat - http://www.metro.net/3jones/malat/

                                                        Christophe Grandsire
                                                |Sela Jemufan Atlinan C.G.

"Reality is just another point of view."

homepage : http://www.bde.espci.fr/homepage/Christophe.Grandsire/index.html