If a child presents to the ED with a severe vaginitis due to pinworms -
what is the optimum treatment? It is my understanding that the adult
pinworms in the vagina will die in a few days and that if you kill off
the GIT pinworms by giving a parasiticide po, that re-infection of the
vagina will be effectively terminated. However, I imagine that it would
take a few days for this phenomenon to occur. Is there any advantage to
instillation of a liquid anti-parasitical agent into the vagina and is
there any other treatment that will offer immediate symptomatic relief?

Jeffrey.

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: