While we are info gathering, i would like to get some data on the following,
which i'm sure we could all use in the never-ending battle to justify
adequate staffing for our EDs.  Please send responses to my email at
[log in to unmask]  THanks!

ps:  this is a lot of data, i realize that.  I'm willing to collate it and
try to make some sense of it, and then post it to this list in return for
getting the data in the first place.

Thanks again.

Total number of PED visits/year: _______
Nominal number of beds available in unit (ie, how many planned spaces are
there for care of children in the PED, on your locator board, etc):
REAL number of children being treated in the ED at peak times: _______
Average Length of Stay for treat-and-release patients: _______
Average Length of Stay for admitted patients: ____________
Admission Rate to regular floor beds: ___________
Admission Rate to ICU: ____________
Number of nursing staff hours/day (ie, total number of nurses working x
hours worked/nurse): _____________
Number of support personnel (eg, techs) hours/day: ________