We have used the Canadian product for many years with excellent
results. There has been no increase in wound infection rate that we could
find. Excellent patient compliance and acceptance.( some even liked that
we "smuggled it in" from Canada). Our group has tried Dermabond and is not
as happy.
Use is a learned skill and we like the applicator with
Glustitch. It wicks into the wound does not cover the outside with a film
which may account for changes in wound infection rate. The learning curve
was steeper for some than others. (who built models, who did not)
 I am sure we could learn the other applicator but have not felt the need.
BTW if not marketed for wound closure what is it marketed for?
Ted Walkley
Mary Bridge Childen's Hospital

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: