                Brown University Women Writers Project
                          http://www.wwp.brown.edu/

Request for beta-testers (with apologies for cross-posting)

In preparation for publication of our textbase in August, 1999, the
Women Writers Project seeks users to help us test the system on
real-world research and teaching. During the beta-test period (from now
until August) anyone is free to use the WWP's online materials and send
us comments and suggestions. However, we would also like to create a
more official beta-testing group consisting of people who are interested
in using the WWP online texts more intensively and giving us regular
feedback on how they work. We are interested in evaluating the
functionality of the various features we are providing, and also in
getting a more detailed look at how people use the textbase in their
teaching and research.

Beta-testers will be subscribed to a discussion list where they can
report problems, compare results, and exchange ideas for how to use this
and other electronic resources. We realize it may be a little late to
incorporate use of the textbase into a class this semester, but if
there's anyone who'd be interested in doing this, that would be
especially helpful.

To participate as a formal beta-tester, please send email to
[log in to unmask], with the following information:

Name
Institution
Email address
A very brief description of the nature of your research, and/or the kinds
of teaching activities for which you might use the textbase.

Julia Flanders
Textbase Editor and Project Manager
Brown University Women Writers Project
(401) 863-2135