Dear Colleagues

I am about to mark-up a Buddhist text - the base is the translation
from the 5th cent. with various manuscripts and variants. There are
two more Chinese translations and the Sanskrit version again with
various manuscripts. I would like to know if someone has done
something similiar in SGML or XML. I am having difficoulty to find
the tags, can somebody please suggest where to look for similiar
project?

The languages and scripts are not the problem. The problem is encoding
various manuscripts of the same text as well as the translation of the
text into different languages in the same file. It is basically a
critical edition but it should contain various translations and their
variants from the manuscripts.

Sincerely

Petr Mares
Petr Mares