Brian,

let me get this straight: You get upset when people use 'erroneous'
forms in an attempt to speak in a pretentious way.

Does that mean that pretentious language does not upset you as long as
only 'correct' forms are used?

(Personally, I get irritated when Danes pepper their speech with
English terms and translation loans, when perfectly acceptable Danish
words and collocations exist. I see it as a form of intellectual
bankruptcy when they don't even try to remember what language they're
speaking).

Lars Mathiesen (U of Copenhagen CS Dep) <[log in to unmask]> (Humour NOT marked)