At 23:54 25/03/99 -0300, Daniel Caligari wrote:

<excerpt>If IDO is an evolution of Esperanto, tell me, please, what was
evoluted,

modernized, made better ... (and so on)

</excerpt><<<<<<<<

[.........]

<excerpt>

About phonetics, do you can send me some IAL that have a very simple
vowel

and consonant system? Look from Latin (vulgar) to the neo-latin
languages.

This is simplification of the phonetic system.

</excerpt><<<<<<<<

*   Well Daniel,

   I reply to your question via the Auxlang list, rather than personally,
and ask if you have glanced at Glosa.

   Here's a quick run-down of a "very simple vowel and consonant
system":-

 Vowels: The five vowel sounds of Italian, or Spanish.

   a AH, e AY, i EE, o OR, u OO

 Consonants: general European usage.

   c CH (as in Italian 'ci...' & 'ce...')

   g, h, s, z - all hard

   j is like hard "Y" in English

   q KW

   r rolled if possible

   w - no 'w' in Glosa words

   x KS

Glosa is "semi-phonetic": each letter has one associated pronunciation.

EG  Un andra pa trans u via te gene ad u hetero latu.

 OOn AHn-drAH pAH trAHns OO vEE-AH tAY gAY-nAY AHd OO hAY-tAY-rOR
lAH-tOO

(glos) the man did cross the street in_order_to get to the other side

   [The man crossed the road to get to the other side.]

Saluta,

 Robin Gaskell

ROBIN GASKELL:  [log in to unmask]   Webpage: www.zeta.org.au/~rgaskell

GLOSALIST MAILING LIST:  Majordomo reads your e-mail address automatically

      To: [log in to unmask]

          subscribe glosalist