A motto occurred to me that I read on a seventeenth-century house in
Haarlem (my native town) and that I've more or less adopted as my
own:

   Beginnen can ick, volherden wil ick, volbringhen sal ick

In English:

   I can begin, I want to persevere, I will succeed.

In Valdyan:

   Vesta veran, terna puran, farenin.

vesta     veran       terna     puran         farenin
begin-INF can-1s-PRS  persevere desire-1s-PRS succeed-PERF-1s-FUT

_farenin_ is perfective future; the simple future _farin_ "I will
succeed" is too indefinite for the meaning, as it might imply that
it will always be in the future.

Anyone else want to have a go?

   Irina

            Varsinen an laynynay, saraz no arlet rastinay.
                     [log in to unmask] (myself)
     http://www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt/irina/frontpage.html (English)
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt/irina/backpage.html (Nederlands)