In a message dated 4/3/1999 4:22:12 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>+

woops! that message was an accident

well anyway...here's my translation....

>   Beginnen can ick, volherden wil ick, volbringhen sal ick
>
>In English:
>
>   I can begin, I want to persevere, I will succeed.

Putrom nijinen, kerem liglinen, telte ecenaam.
can.I begin.PP want.I persevere.PP all good.be.will.to.me

I kind of have the same problem that some others are having=97it doesn't qui=
te=20
have the same ring as the original=97tho actually it's not too bad.

BTW, PP stands for present participle=97when you have to verbs like "can" an=
d=20
"begin" in Eloshtan, you can either put the second into the participle form,=20
or leave it in the infinitive (ending in "fy") and put oo*(k) (* represents=20
the letter(s) that refer to the person, e.g., "m" for 1st person, you add "k=
"=20
if it's plural)) before both words:
so it could be either:
Putrom nijinen...or...Oom putrom nijify
There is no word for "succeed" in Eloshtan, one way to get around it is to=20
say "everything is good to...whoever."

Josh