>From: Boudewijn Rempt <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 22:43:28 +0100
>
>On Sat, 3 Apr 1999, Adam Walker wrote:
>

>> Yep, you hijhezh victory, punishment, air, water or food.  So you
could
>> translate it as eat, drink or inhale.

<snip>

>I wonder - could _hijhezh_ also be used for 'to smoke', like Nepali
>_piunu_, that can mean 'to drink' and 'to smoke'?

Indonesian does this too.  _Minum_ means both drink and smoke.  You can
_minum teh_ (drink tea) or _minum rokok_ (smoke a cigaret).

>After all, it isn't
>necessary to inhale the smoke you smoke...

Only if you're Clinton.  Everyone else I know concideres that the whole
point of smoking! ;-)  And yes, if Graavguurdan smoke they would use the
verb _hijhezh_ for that activity.

Adam Walker