On Thu, Apr 08, 1999 at 07:46:45AM -0700, Chris Burd wrote:
> At 09:14 AM 04 04 99 -0700, Donald J. HARLOW wrote:
> >Je 02:05 ptm 4/3/99 -0800, Chris BURD skribis:

[...]

> There are spoken-language equivalents - German _die Finanzmaerkte_, _di=
> finanziellen Maerkte_ for example. Eo could do the same: Rugha Kapula

Nobody uses "finanzielle Maerkte" in German. And even if someone did,
the meaning would not be the same --- the meaning of "finanzieller
Markt" is somewhat fuzzy, but certainly not that of a "Markt" for
"Finanzmittel" (i. e. "Finanzmarkt").

What strikes me in this discussion is the following: Apparently Chris
finds reading those agglutinated constructs of E-o like
Ru=F8kapu=E6etulino difficult or unpleasant, and I get the impression tha=
he himself has a linguistic background where agglutination is less
frequent, possibly some variant (US?) of English. I myself, on the
other hand, am Austrian, so that my mothertongue is German; in this
setting everybody is used to dealing with words like
"Krankenanstaltenzusammenarbeitsfonds" ("Fund for the cooperation
among institutions caring for the sick"). I assume that this is one of
the reasons why I find reading the E-o constructs Chris seems to
loathe much simpler than the --- to my mind --- seemingly unstructured
soup the English language has to offer.

> As far as beginners managing with limited vocabularies, I'd suggest tha=
t non-
> agglutinative methods are easier to use.

And in the light of what I have written above, I'd suggest that the
linguistic background of the student plays an important role that goes
far beyond the mere question of similarity of vocabulary.

Schoene Gruesse aus Wien,

Albert.

P S: And as far as=20

> or "Ulineto de Rugha Kapulo".=20

is concerned: If there are two things I don't like about E-o, one of
them is the far too frequent use of "de".

--=20

  Post an / Mail to / Skribu al: Albert Reiner <[log in to unmask]>