Reage al Bob PETRY:

> I suspect many were already gone long ago before the list "cleansing"
> by David.

To some extent, this is probably true. There were 90 "genuine"
people/addresses (as opposed to bots and duplicates) on the
subscriber list as of March 29, but certainly at least one of those,
and perhaps more, were spurious -- folks who had disappeared leaving
their addresses (and sometimes names) behind.

On the other hand, as I pointed out several regular posters simply
disappeared from the list, and I would suspect that this was more
likely due to simple oversight (with respect to the "renewal
notices") on their part rather than an active desire to be absent.
Ditto for a few recent subscribers. So the "34" is likely an
undercount of those who might wish to be here. I'll check the list
again next week and see if it's inching up again.

That 34, by the way, included one recent addition to the distaff
side, something that always makes me feel good.

If anybody wants a copy of the March 29 list, by the way, so that you
can check names and see who has disappeared, let me know and I'll
forward you one. Since the list is publicly accessible, I doubt
whether there'd be any (valid) complaint about posting it here, but
my own personal preference would not be to do that.

--Don HARLOW
http://www.webcom.com/~donh/