Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

>Denden has the following suffixes in this category (with provisional
>glosses):
>-hau            IMP     imperative
>-do             OPT     optative
>-men            AFF     affective: the subject of the verb stands in an
>amatory
>   relation to the object; the speaker loves the hearer or the
>   hearer loves the speaker, the speaker loves either the subject
>   or the object of the verb.
>-yara           DSP     despising: same range as <-men> but indicates
>despising.
>-ju             CRT     certainty: the speaker is certain that the sentence is
>   true.
>-zo     FLT flattering

I would call these "attitudinal suffixes".  The AFF, DSP, and CRT suffixes
clearly express the speaker's attitude towards what s/he is saying, or
towards some person/thing associated with the utterance context.  The IMP
and OPT could also be regarded as attitudinals in a broad sense, insofar as
they indicate the speaker's desire that a particular action or situation
come about.  I'm not so clear on what the FLT suffix is used for, though...

Matt.

Matt Pearson
UCLA Linguistics Department
405 Hilgard Avenue