On Sun, 25 Apr 1999 12:12:34 -0400 John Cowan <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>Steg Belsky scripsit:
>> I can't think of any situation where a true third-person imperative
>would
>> be needed that couldn't be redefined (or better defined?) as a
>> second-person imperative affecting a third person.

>Consider JFK's inaugural address:  "Let the word go forth from this
>time and place, to friend and foe alike, that the torch has been
>passed
>to a new generation of Americans [...]".  How would you transform
>this into a natural 2nd-person imperative?
>--
>John Cowan                                      [log in to unmask]

Okay, you've thought of one  :) .

I'd probably use a vocative _ei-_ /?ej/ attached to a future tense verb,
something like:

_ei-uzii-brol dhaz guvdhab nga'kaz..._
(vocative)-it(future)-leave this say from'here&now

-Stephen (Steg)
 _,i ta'khavyam-a tzmam-a ii-iltao nyeng amzii-brol,._

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]