At 07:13 AM 23/04/99 -0400, mikejsk wrote:
>Watch out on trial dives with these, remember you are rebreathing the air
>the guy in front of you used. They should be disinfected between uses and
>cleaned up. Steam machines is very reputable They shouldn't put you risk not
>all rebreathers are the same.

Indeed they're not!  And believe me, I'm very particular about who's been
breathing in my bag!  :-)

But It's good advice, and something that anybody who uses a rebreather - or,
come to that, regs, BCD's, & snorkels - should bear in mind.

It's why open circuit is such a boon.  You can - within limits - leave it to
fester in the sun for a while.  Whereas closed circuit does tend to give the
little boogies and fingies plenty of chance to multiply unless you're
prepared to clean up your act straightaway - which is, of course, what Navy
divers always do/did as an alternative to heading for the nearest bar!  :-)

Strike