At 02:17 AM 4/23/99 +0100, Doug Taylor wrote:

>In article <[log in to unmask]>, Reef
>Fish (Large Nassau Grouper) <[log in to unmask]> writes
>>Speaking of whales and marine biology, there was a brief thread in
>>Scuba-L about dolphins where someone brought up the notion of
>>toothed whales, etc. in which I cited a short passage from
>>Cousteau's books on the taxonomy of dolphins and whales, and I
>>was flamed by some one college grad who was an English major but
>>aspired to study for a Master's degree in marine biologist <G>
>>because she thought *I* wrote that passage and told everyone
>>how wrong I was (even had Doug Taylor fooled into congratulating
>>her for having successfully de-tailed the Feeesh <G>) until I
>>revealed that the passage that was flamed was a verbatim quote
>>made by Scuba God Cousteau himself.   :-)
>
>FUC5.2 - a casual observer could be forgiven for thinking that I had
>lost faith in the Feeesh's infallibility :-)

My, my.  Doug the FUC-Master himself.  You've been absent so long
that I'm sure some folk here may have difficulty identifying you as
one of the Gods around here.   There are soooo many now.  :-)

>Not so, my BHD reveals that I merely commented:
>
><quote>
>[from 7 Oct 1997 "Re: Greece- diving + dolphins-Jackie's Response;)"]

Has it REALLY been that long since your hibernation?  FUC 5.2!

>  FUC6.3 ! Well, it's pretty rare that the Feeesh gets caught with his
>  scales down, but this looks like it :-)
>
>  (or is it FUC5.3 for me, Bob?)
></quote>

Whatever.

>Anyway, the bait was good enough to fetch me out of lurking for now ;-)
>Nice one, Bob.

Like the fisherman says, if you bait/chum long enough, you bound to
catch one.  Glad to see you back.

>Safe diving to all,
>--
>Doug Taylor
>3.5 months to Cozumel and counting...
>NED VP for arriving at the wrong time

Just move your clock up a couple of months!

-- Bob.