At 10:25 PM 20/04/99 -0400, Reef Fish wrote:
>At 11:46 AM 4/21/99 +1000, Strike wrote:
>>G'Day, Folks!
>>
>>I'm back - just!  :-)
>
>Welcome back!   I began to wonder if life in Singapore (and all the
>martinis) was so good that you decided to stay there for good!

The folk in Singapore insisted that Australia was a far more deserving place
for me!  :-)

(snip)
>>The Divers Alert Network stand was manned by John Lippmann,
>
>Did he throw in a lecture on "Deep Diving"?

Funny you should say that!  He had to deliver a talk on the Friday, the day
after we'd made a brief foray into the Billiard Room Bar!  We dived so deep
that evening that he had to cut some new decompression schedules!  :-)

(snip)

>>Each Saturday evening after the show, for the past six years, a large group
>>of us have organised a curry night.
(snip)
>>Set on a hill, it's an old colonial style building with a large verandah.
>>There were about twenty-eight of us present, including Kai (Moby Dick)

>Speaking of Moby Dick, why did he sing off this list?   :-)

He's been travelling overseas a lot but is now making threatening noises
about logging back on!  :-)

>>Sunday, 18th April.
>>
>>I gave another talk that attracted a large audience of nine! The microphone
>>fell to bits; I misplaced my notes and had to ad-lib!  :-)
>>
>>The good news was that Pam won a compressor which she immediately sold.  We
>>invested the money in the Billiard Room Bar at Raffles, where we met up
>>with Lisa Watson.
>
>IS she, or ISN'T she, gonna attend the Coz99NEDfest, and be Viv's
>roommate?  The Guardian of Viv for the night of June 20 needs to know! :-)

Lisa - who was to have been Viv's room-mate - is working her butt off and
will be unable to attend.  She's going to contact Viv directly re the
previous arrangements.

>>Monday, 19th April
>
>>While we were waiting for our guide to meet us at the guardhouse/cellblock,
>>I mentioned to the officer in charge that I had been an involuntary 'guest'
>>in his establishment in early 1969!  (It was after a minor misdemeanour
>>involving American, Australian, New Zealand and British sailors, in a bar!
>><BBWG>).  I was given a conducted tour of the cell block - no longer in use
>>but filled with the ghosts of memories past.

>Wanna tour of the Mexican cell block in June?  :-)

No thank you! (Needless to say, however, I do have a very lengthy story to
tell about my previous experiences with - after my recent trip - an
hilarious conclusion.  Regrettably you're going to have to wait until we're
in Cozumel to hear the full story - and see the evidence!!) :-)

>>Tuesday, 20th April
>>
>>Met up with Tricky at the airport.
>
>He wanted to confiscate your charge card, having read Jean-Marc's
>post about how you freely bought martinis with it?   :-)

No!  He wanted me to buy him black coffee!!  :-)

Strike