At 09:48 AM 4/23/99 +0200, Giorgio wrote:

<excerpt>

</excerpt>>>>>

<excerpt>Dear Strike,

thanks for your advices.

</excerpt><<<<<<<<

Yikes!  Your "rich text" is difficult to clip.  I have found it an

impossibility to get rid of ">>>>" and "<<<<<<<<"  in every passage I

tried to quote you, such as the above.  Please ask your Italiano

DF <<not REALLY Dear Friend when Carl used it> Giovanni Marola to

recommend to you something that posts in "plain text" as the one he

used when he wrote his paper "Come tuffarsi con un ombrello quando

piove" (for your Australian friend Strike, that reads, "How to dive

with an umbrella when it rains.")

<excerpt>What do you mean with "You must have relatives in Australia??"

</excerpt><<<<<<<<

Dear Giorgio, please allow me to introduce you to the Scuba-L FUC page,

http://www.ivydene1.demon.co.uk/nedfuc.htm

which is mentioned even in pseudo-Italian N. Simicich's

<excerpt>>> periodic posting of Scuba-L guidelines and information

</excerpt>

To an Italian, what you referred to may be classified as a FUC 4.1

committed by Strike.   Let me diagram it for you this way.  Strike
wrote:

<excerpt>At 10:29 AM 22/04/99 +0200, Giorgio Soffiati wrote:

>G'day to the list from Italy...

G'Day, to you too, Giorgio.  You must have relatives in Australia!  :-)

</excerpt><<<<<<<<

He was referring to your use of "G'day", not Soffiatis in Australia.
:)

<excerpt>Do you know some Soffiati??

</excerpt><<<<<<<<

If that is the name of a foul-tasting Italian beer sold in Australia!
:-)

<excerpt>If so, please say them "va in mona" (tipical  phrase of Verona).

</excerpt><<<<<<<<

No, Strike will say, "mama mia" or "non ho piedini" (loosely translated

as "I am legless") when he has too many of those to drink.

<excerpt>Ciao

Giorgio

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudorarf\attach\R Wrecks.gif"

</excerpt>

<<<<<<<<

Another thing, Giorgio.  I found this in Nick's periodic posting ...

<excerpt>--When sending messages to the list, be sure to have your
emailer

preferences set to PLAIN TEXT instead of HTML.

Additonally, all posted content should be 7 bit and not encoded in
either

base64 or quoted-printable.  Any encoding will result in some percentage
of

the readers of your message being unable to read it.  If you understand

mime, the only acceptable content-transfer-encoding is text/plain.

If you find that you can't do this, please contact the list owners at
the

mailto:[log in to unmask] address above.

--DO NOT post binaries (Photos, etc.) or attachments to the list.

</excerpt><<<<<<<<

Nick says he doesn't know how to FUC anybody <<G>, but he sure is a

nasty fella, isn't he?   <<BG>

If you don't fully comprehend any of the above, just FUC me 4.1.

Welcome to the list (again).

Ciao,

-- Bob.