At 09:48 AM 23/04/99 +0200, Giorgio Soffiati wrote:

>Indeed I do not have enough experience for a wreck-dive in deep waters.
>I thought (past tense of the verb to think) it was easier to see/explore
wrecks >and I also thought that there were wrecks close to sea's surface.

G'Day, Giorgio.  I guess it depends exactly where the wreck sank.  In those
areas close in to rocky cliffs and shores that are subject to ocean storms
and tides, wrecks quickly become broken down ...

>In tha area where I live (Verona-North Italy) there is the biggest lake of
Italy, well  at -80 ft (+/- 27 meters) lies an old wooden wreck  (approx.
350/400 years old) which is possible to visit.

...in still waters, particularly cooler or poorly oxygenated waters, wrecks
can last much longer!

>The axles are in decent conditions even if the visibility is not perfect;
my brother and me went a couple of times to "visit" this wreck.

"axles"?  Bearing in mind that your English is far better than my (insert
language of choice), are you sure you meant "axles"?  :-)

>In any case is not my intention to do something not in my possibility.

To, 'KNOW YOUR LIMITATIONS AND DIVE WITHIN THEM', is up there in the top ten
list of Reef Fish's favourite bon mots!  :-)

>What do you mean with "You must have relatives in Australia??" Do you know
some Soffiati?? If so, please say them "va in mona" (tipical  phrase of
Verona).

Actually it was your use of the term, "G'day"!  And not to be rude but..!

The last time somebody taught me how to say something in a language other
than Australian, I found that instead of ordering a bowl of beef and noodle
soup I'd embarrassed myself by inviting a lady to make mad passionate love
to me!  (And my ego doesn't handle rejection very well!)  :-)

>Thank you for your lie about my english/australian!!! It is always nice to
receive congratulations....

It was no lie.  Your command of English actually makes me feel embarrassed
for my own shortcomings in being able to speak and communicate in other
languages.

>and thanks for the advices, I will take care.

I'm sure you will and please consider joining us all - even if at such short
notice - in Cozumel.

>Ciao
>Giorgio

AVAGOODWEEGEND  (Oz for, "I hope you have a thoroughly enjoyable week-end!)  :-)

Strike