At 04:22 AM 23/04/99 -0500, Chuck Hopf wrote:

>Are you lonely?  Can't get along without SCUBA-L?

For a moment there, I thought Chuck had started an advertising agency and
this was the lead-in slogan for a cyberspace dating agency!  :-)

And then I realised that he was responding to Roger's message:-

>From: Roger Foutz <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Multiple recipients of list SCUBA-L <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Thursday, April 22, 1999 1:25 PM
>Subject: NO SCUBA ( Has the list died or just my server )

>>I've gone six hours with out a post from scuba-l. I'm  just wondering if it
>>is the list or my POS server.

What it is, of course, is the fact that there's no controversial debate raging!

At the risk of having folk laugh out loud, (Hah!  My ego can stand
it!<BWG>), does anybody have any idea of how various dive computers will
handle the Y2K problem?

When the matter was first broached to me, I tended to think that the person
was having a sly dig at my lack of technical knowledge.  From what I've
subsequently learned, however, it has the potential to be a problem and is,
in fact, something that at least one dive computer company addressed in
1987!!!!

Is Y2K a problem as far as dive computers are concerned????

Strike