At 01:32 PM 4/05/99 GMT, Kat Blessin wrote:
>Well Bob, didn't mean that the men wouldn't know about wetsuits and the
>like...I was actually using that statement to get to other subjects women
>might want to discuss, however you're more than welcome to discuss female
>things with me.

Hi, Kat!  Even although I'm opposed to gender discrimination (despite my
conditioned up-bringing!), I've always considered women to be
physiologically - and phsycologically! - superior to men when it comes to
diving.  Their gas consumption is usually better! (I often suggest - when I
want to set a bait - that this is because women require less oxygen to the
brain!<BWG>):  They are usually less prone to take ill-considered risks:
They're usually better suited to functioning as a team:  And they're far
more likely to adhere to a dive plan!

However - and in my not so humble opinion! - we do need to rid ourselves of
this notion that there are wimmin divers and bloke divers.  The essential
life-support equipment remains the same.  And the environment itself makes
no distinction between the sexes.

> I don't mind discussing diving & menstrual cramps with
>guys, but I thought I would save the list the bother...And finding a good
>wetsuit with the curves IS a bit tough...you should try it sometime.

There's no need to discuss 'taboo' topics off-line.  We can all learn from
each other!  :-)

>Having breasts is a bitch! ;)

Not from where I stand!  :-)

Strike