Welcome, Kat.

As you can see, there's a wee bit of irreverant humo(u)r that goes
on on this list...hopefully, it will have some scuba content too.

You wrote:

> [I'm]...now am a citizen of the world (currently in London making the
pound!)

I think there's a few listmembers from your neck of the woods; maybe
Cosma can offer a few local diving spots...and maybe a couple of
dive sites in addition to those pubs, too <grin>.   FWIW, I'll be visiting
your neck of the woods in early July, when a chunk of this list will
all be having a big dive party trip to Cozumel, if you can't make that
event and want to show a visitor a good pub or two :-).

> ... in the last few weeks I have given in to the urge and have decided
> to put off that whole journalism career thing and try and become a
> divemaster by 2001.  Plans now are to head down to Sharm El Shiekh
> and work while diving.

DM, eh?   How good is your coffeemaking?   (beat ya to it, Jammer  :-).

FWIW, I think I have an address laying around somewhere of a
UK Instructor that I met last year who's done just that and he might
be able to offer some advice...my recollections are that he only did
it seasonally.   Also, in some dive destinations, a DM certification
may not be enough to justify hiring a non-local.   I don't know about
the Red Sea, but this is especially true in the Caymans, for example,
so its probably worth looking into.

-hh