At 09:21 PM 5/6/99 -0400, you wrote:
>At 06:12 PM 5/6/99 -0700, Jan Faust wrote:
>>How old is the oldest known diver?
>
>I know a lady who dives recreationally and is 78.  She didn't start diving
>until she was over 60 and has dived the San Francisco Maru (a deep dive in
>Chuuk).  I was with her on her 250th and 300th dives.
>
>I say we limit this to divers we know are still diving (or at least were
>recently) and specify if they are recreational or commercial.
>
>I certainly hope to be diving at 80!
>
>/Don
Don,
In February we covered this fairly well.
Leni Riefenstahl, Adolf Hitler's favorite film maker & one of the 3rd
Reich's last surviving personalities, is, at age 96, still scuba diving and
doing it for both pleasure and commercial reasons.
If she isn't the oldest at least she is the best documented.
                                                Best Regards
                                                      Ron in San Diego

Diving in San Diego
http://www.diegoweb.com/diving