Jim wrote:

>     Is anyone out there working on a tone language?

In the future, I might get to working on dialects for Tech, that is, if I
ever finish the standard language.  One or more dialects will simplify the
voiceless/voiced/ejective system of stops/affricates to just a simple
voiceless, and replace these with varying tones, probably no more than three
level t(high, mid, low) ones and two contours (rise, fall).  These would be
level tones for short vowels and contours for long vowels.

For my IE project, Callistic, I could have the two-register tone system of
Sanskrit, Lithuanian, etc. -- but I doubt I'll actually incorporate it.  But
who knows...

Danny