   Date:         Wed, 12 May 1999 16:07:11 +0100
   From: Irina Rempt <[log in to unmask]>

   On Wed, 12 May 1999, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
   > On Wed, 12 May 1999, Lars Henrik Mathiesen wrote:
   > > Is that "Hottentottanteteltopstilling?" (Just guessing).

(That means "setting up the tent of the aunt of a Hottentot," BTW).

   > No: Hottentottententententoonstelling...

   It means "exhibition of Hottentot tents". What's that in Danish?

"Hottentotteltudstilling." What's the etymology of "tentoonstelling,"
BTW? I'd have expected something shorter, like "ausstellung" in German
or "udstilling" in Danish.

Lars Mathiesen (U of Copenhagen CS Dep) <[log in to unmask]> (Humour NOT marked)