Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> It's also in the title of book by Battus 'Opperlandse taal & letterkunde',
> a compilation of columns of linguistic playfulness in one our
> most serious newspapers, the NRC-Handelsblad.

From which, indeed (moderated by Douglas Hofstadter's wonderful book
_Le Ton Beau de Marot_), I learned about both Opperlands and
its wonderful vocabulary.

_LTBdM_, btw, is in English, despite the punning French title.
It will probably never be translated, but I recommend it to
all artlangers.

--
John Cowan      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              [log in to unmask]