On Thu, 13 May 1999 01:04:53 -0500 Nik Taylor <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Gary Shannon wrote:
>> Not so strange, really.  When I was a kid I used to love to draw
>maps of
>> imaginarey lands.  I still admire nicely done works of
>concartography.

>Me too.  In fact, I have a roughly-drawn, periodically revised, map of
>the Continent (the one continent on Terra Nova).  I wonder if many
>other
>conlangers/conculturers were the same way?

My brother spent sporadic parts of 5 years (1991-1996) drawing individual
pages of what when is all put together make a map of a still extremely
unfinished planet i refer to as "Alan's World".  So far it has 23 pages,
including all of the Northern Continent, all of the Southern Continent,
the western edge of the Eastern Continent, and a disconnected glimpse of
part of the Far West Continent (the names of whose countries neither of
us can remember at all how to pronounce).  One day i went through the
maps and made a list of all the names - including a few doubles, it added
up to 190 names.  A lot of the names have semi-inconsistantly used
diacritics.

-Stephen (Steg)

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]