maf wrote:

[kut]

> This doesn't mean that "international words" don't have a place in an IAL (far
> from it) it _does_ mean that their presence alone can guarantee any kind of
> automatic understanding. One of the mottos of any IALer (regardless of pet
> language) should be "communication is negotiation"

That's why I like de Wahl's attitude about it. His point was, "communicate", and
if a word, etc. didn't work, find the one that did. That's why Occidental works so
well, words etc. weren't just arbitrarily picked as some seem to think. They were
chosen with method, and then, to make sure it was the right word, was tested
upwards of years, and kept if it worked, discarded if it didn't.

Cordialmen,
Bob, xO~