At 02:01 PM 5/28/99 +0700, Bjorn wrote:
>Mika wrote:
>
>> Another alternative: Palau. I'd be interested in that
>> destination, because
>> I've never been there.
>
>The live-abord option is costly
>(around $2500/person plus airfare), and the airfare is not cheap either.

But even the Caribbean Aggressors and Dancers are approaching $2000/person
for the Caribbean charters.   So, relatively speaking, it's getting much
less costly.

Our roundtrip air in 1997 didn't cost anything.  :-)  Only 70,000 FFM
(twice the amount to fly between two cities in the US) gets you there.
It's less than $1,500 in paper money if you book it through the Dancer
bulk rate, about $600 less than booking it with the airline yourself
or via most travel agents.

>It's also a major hassle to get to.

When I went in Dec 1997.  But a change of airline schedule (not
requiring an overnight stay at Guam) by Air Mike meant we'll leave
here 7/24, and will be on the boat 7/25 in spite of the loss of
one day crossing the International Date Line!

And coming back ... we'll arrive Atlanta at 10 AM of the
same day we leave Palau!  :-)   And as Strike noted about his
trip to the CozNEDfest, he'll arrive L.A. the morning of the
same day he leaves Sydney in the afternoon!

It's only a minor hassle now, of not being able to take a
short walk or stretch off the cabin of the plane while it's
in flight.  :-)

-- Bob.