At 06:52 PM 29/05/99 +0900, Jean-Marc wrote:
(snip)
>But you are right. In this part of the world,
>excellent diving almost never goes with family/non
>divers. :-(
>
>Of all the places mentioned until now, those which
>are somewhat an option to bring non-divers too are
>:
>
>Kota-kinabalu
>Phuket
>Boracay
>Sipadan (non divers must be at least avid
>snorkelers :-)

There's always Cairns!  Two world heritage listed areas - The Great Barrier
Reef and the Daintree Rainforest wilderness - side-by-side in the warmth of
a tropical setting:  A wide choice of dayboats/ live-aboards and charter
trips available - with Coral Sea Reefs or exploratory trips north to the
Torres Straits for the more adventuresome; plenty of land-based attractions
and activities; choice of island or mainland resorts; no cultural taboos;
laid-back, relaxed and friendly local lifestyle; cold beer;  whales,
turtles, 1500 different species of fish, a huge variety of sharks and other
large pelagics, 400 different varieties of coral, 4,000 species of mollusc,
10,000 species of sponge; Wrecks, (The Quetta & the Yongala); magnificent
food and wines, (in what other country in the world can you eat the animals
shown on the Coat-Of-Arms?); OH!  Did I mention the beer?  :-)

Strike