Is anyone out there currently using the specification for trees in P3 to
deal with sentence syntax in corpora?  We are currently moving over our
data toward being TEI complient, and I have been assigned to look for
effective ways to represent sentence syntax simultaneously with some
other information.  Our other annotations mark clauses, strings of words
(which may or may not coincide with clause and/or phrase level breaks)
and larger units of text such as news articles.

In reading the respective sections on trees and graphs, and language
corpora, I havn't been able to find any examples that show tagging
syntax with other information simultaneously.  Also, while I have
noticed the various linking tags (note, ref, link etc.), others I am
working with would prefer to avoid using these devices in this case.

Is anyone doing / has done something similiar, or perhaps involving
similiar concerns.  Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matthew Bell
Computing Research Laboratory, NMSU