On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Peter Flynn wrote:

|> For the new xml version of teilite the editors had to decide how to
|> write the tag names, because XML is case sensitive. They decided to
|> choose names like these:
|>
|> respStmt
|> publicationStmt
|> biblFull
|> titlePage
|
|Personally I think these mid-word capitalizations look extremely
|ungainly unless the first letter is also capitalized.
|
|I know it's trendy and fashionable because of Java or something
|but does the TEI have to be slave to this style?

As I said in my earlier note, the TEI made the decision to use this
style of capitalization many many years ago -- probably well before Java
came along. So it's not a question of being slave to anything -- except
consistency with previously articulated design decisions.

I'm interested to learn that Peter thinks they look ungainly.
Personally, I think they look cute and snugglesome. I also think that
neither opinion is really worth further airing on this list!

Lou

 Lou Burnard                           http://users.ox.ac.uk/~lou