Charles wrote:

> [kut]
>
> I still say, with today's greater understanding of language, we should
> be able to design a better+simpler language. Maybe tomorrow.

Ah, there's the rub, and the whole dang problem with IALers. It's always
tomorrow, tomorrow, maybe there will be something tomorrow, la la la humm
humm da dee da da da. Folks, we need to do something now. After almost 200
years and still debating the useless???? Now is the time. Now is the day.
Tomorrow is when and after we are all dead and gone a 1,000 years. It's
time to do it now, and we have the necessary language now to start. These
arguments just put it all off longer, and longer, and loonger, and
looonger, and loooonger, and loooooooonnnnnggggeeeeer. I can see the
future Charles and Ken and Don and Bob and Bob and James and Robin, and
Robin etc. etc. and the future maf still going at it in 3034ad with
absolutely nothing accomplished because no one will get beyond k and c and
plural and singular and the and a and pidgins. Pidgins are just that, and
nothing more, and will not be the IAL standard ever. Let's get on with it,
and have a little action and end the debate. Let's get the results from
usage versus theory and utopianism.

Cordialmen,
Bob, x+O~

P.S. Charles, my, my, you certainly have surprised me. ;-)